This course presents the major methods and techniques for extracting and mining varied data to discover interesting patterns and support decision making. It provides the students with an understanding of the process of data preparation and preprocessing, model selection, evaluation of performance and results interpretation. The tool used in the class is the open source Python libraries for Data Mining. The learning objectives of this course are:
- Understand the data mining concepts and their application to business intelligence and other domains
- Learn how to extract knowledge from large datasets
- Learn data pre-processing techniques
- Learn main supervised and unsupervised data mining algorithms
- Learn Deep learning concepts
The objective is to present to the students a wide variety of operations research applications and techniques that can suggest solutions to real business challenges. The course is conducted as a forum where different topics are presented and discussed.